Monday, February 18, 2008

The Mudslinging Begins

I knew this would happen sooner or later, but I just hate to see it happen. I am referring to the accusation by Senator Hillary Clinton that Senator Barack Obama plagiarized some of the material from his speeches. I don't like all the bickering and accusations and meanness that comes out of candidates during elections, but I think it is almost necessary. The Obama camp is sort of blowing off the accusations by saying "so what, I borrowed a few speech lines and ideas from my friend." Barack Obama might not think it's a big deal, and in the smaller picture, it may not be anything, but in the larger picture, it could make one pause before jumping onto the Obama bandwagon. Barack Obama also says that Hillary has borrowed words and phrases too. I am afraid that this is only the beginning of the picking and throwing that is going to go on until the Democratic nominee is picked. I guess we all need to remember that what we hear in the news and from either side of the race is not the whole story. We need to hear what accusations are being made and then do our own research before jumping to conclusions about either one of the candidates.

No comments: