Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Uh-oh, IU's Basketball Coach is in Trouble Again!

They had to know something like this would happen again. When Indiana University officials hired basketball coach Kelvin Sampson from Oklahoma, he came along with some pretty heavy baggage. I guess they thought Coach Sampson would behave differently in Indiana. I guess they thought wrong. News today is that Kelvin Sampson is back to his old tricks of ignoring the recruiting regulations set down by the NCAA. Even though I never attended Indiana University--I went to Ball State, the ugly step-sister school to IU and Purdue--I still feel like the powers that be at IU have really undermined the basketball program that was once such a powerhouse. After coach Bobby Knight left, things sort of crumbled. That, of course was good news for little underdog schools like Ball State, but still, I feel kind of bad for the players. Why would IU hire a guy who had violations in the past? That's just asking for trouble in my book. Shame on Kelvin Sampson, and shame on Indiana University!

No comments: