Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gas for Cars From Landfills in Three Years

Not much happening to blog about today. Last night I was briefly checking out the news and caught a small portion of a report from the Detroit Auto Show. I'm not sure I heard correctly, but I thought I heard them say that GM has been working on a car (or cars) that will run on fuel made from landfill refuse. I also thought I heard them say that this kind of fuel might be available in three years and would cost about a dollar per gallon. Was I dreaming? Yesterday was a rather long day, even for a Monday, and I was feeling a bit weary from the day, but could this be true? I know that GM has been using landfill gases to run some of their production plants--I think even the one in Fort Wayne, Indiana gets heated or something from landfill gas. Anyway, I think this is terrific and should be worked on furiously. It could be the much need boost that is so desperately needed in the American auto industry. We could all use a little good news, a little something to hope for, this is good new, if it's true. Let's hope it is!

No comments: