Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Google Trends & Busy Phillips

In addition to being homesick today, I have also been quite bored. I had to get a filling in my tooth replaced this morning and it sort of took all my energy. I decided I would blog a little. Sometimes I just can't come up with anything to blog about. Today in the news there are all sorts of articles on Heath Ledger and on Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama, but nothing that really captured my interest, so I went to Google Trends to see if there were any interesting things that people were googling today. Sure enough, my eye caught a familiar name that has been written about recently. The name is Busy Phillips. I remembered the name because I used to watch the "Freaks and Geeks" show before it was yanked after only one season from the NBC primetime lineup. Although I, personally, had lost track of this interesting actress, it seems that she is very busy (pardon the pun). She was a writer for the "Blades of Glory" movie and has a movie coming out later this year entitled "Made of Honor." Anyway, her name came up in the Google Trends site because she is the godmother of Heath Ledger's daughter Matilda. Strange how small the world is, isn't it? Busy Phillips is friends with Matilda's mother. So, that has been my boredom buster for this afternoon. Having a little extra time on your hands can prove to be quite interesting.

No comments: