Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Selling Gold

Recently, I have been seeing a commercial for http://www.goldkit.com on television. I haven't really been paying much attention to what gold prices are doing, but I thought that maybe, times being what they are, people are starting to sell their gold. It is sort of a strange yet intriguing commercial because it implies that we all have old gold jewelry stashed away in our homes. I really don't believe that regular people have all that much old gold in their homes. It really started me thinking, so I decided to go through my jewelry box. Sure enough, I actually found a few gold pieces that are broken or things that I don't wear and never will wear. I checked out the GoldKit website and a few others that popped up in my search. I just don't understand how this process works. What happens if you have gold jewelry and it has some diamonds in it? What do they do with them? What happens if you send your stuff off and never hear a word from the company again? What happens if you send your stuff and it is intercepted somewhere in the mail? I just don't get it. I do understand that it is an attractive offer; money for your gold. You may have thousands of dollars just sitting in your jewelry box. All very enticing, but I am skeptical. Maybe it is better to take your stuff to a local jeweler to see if your stuff is worth anything. Not sure about this one. . .

No comments: