Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Homesick

I'm feeling homesick today. I don't know what has come over me. I just want to go home and be near my friends and family. I want to be in a place where I don't feel so out-of-place. I really feel like a fish out of water here. The only people I talk to are my children and my husband (when he feels like listening). It is getting to the point where I will talk on and on to store clerks and telemarketers, if they happen to call. That feeling of homesickness actually feels like I am sick. I just want to be out of here. I want to belong; it's all very strange. The town I am living in has nothing to offer. You can't even buy underwear here. If you want anything like that, you have to drive to a town that is about 20-25 minutes away. There is no such thing as an emergency here. God help us all if there actually is one; we are about 30 minutes from the nearest hospital. I feel like this is all a terrible dream and I will wake up in my beautiful home in Indiana. I don't have any money, friends or freedom here. I just want to go home, but I know I can't.

No comments: