Friday, January 11, 2008

Let It Out Kleenex Commercial

For some reason recently the "Let It Out" Kleenex commercial has been running more frequently on television. It is my favorite commercial. I did a little searching and found out that the song "Let It Out" is sung by the group Starrfadu. I also found out that the blue couch and listening guy are going on tour and could end up in a city near you. I think it is a unique idea and perhaps a good one. I have a degree in Social Work and I know that average people on the streets have a lot of stuff on their minds; stuff that they just never get a change to get out. It is true for me personally and I know it is true for others. Just having an opportunity to let it all out has a cathartic effect. It lightens the soul. Letting out both the good and the not so good; happy and sad stuff just feels good. I think it is an interesting thing to do. I would like the listening guy's job. It would be a great feeling to know that just sitting and listening to someone's story could be just what that person needs. In my research on the commercial, I also found that Green Peace is on a mission to thwart the filming of the commercials in order further their agenda of ruining everything for everyone else. They have planted people in crowds where the commercials are being filmed and pretending to have something they want to "let out," then they go into their tirade of how Kimberly Clark is cutting down ancient growth forests for their product. While I agree that companies need to be good stewards of our resources, I also think Green Peace and their zealot mentality is not going about it in the right way. Anyway, if you would like to find out more about the tour of the blue couch and the listening man, you can go to http://www.letitout.com/

No comments: